Lawrence Police Department is now hiring!
To submit an interest form applicants MUST meet the following requirements:
- Shall be a U.S. Citizen
- Shall possess a valid driver’s license
- Shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age by date of application and not have reached forty (40) years of age by date of appointment. The maximum age limit is forty (40) years and six (6) months if you are a veteran with 20 years of service.
- A veteran is an individual who has or is serving in the armed forces; received or is eligible to receive an honorable discharge
- The age requirement does not apply to a person who has been previously employed as a member of the Department
- Shall have no felony convictions
- Shall be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate
HEAR FROM OUR TEAM WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK WITH US.
The City of Lawrence Police Department currently consists of 57 full time Police Officers and 33 Reserve Police Officers serving nearly 50,000 Citizens.
As a proud member of the Lawrence Police Department, you will have an opportunity to protect and serve a community of diverse, hardworking, creative, and passionate people.
If you’re a versatile, diverse, service-oriented person who prides yourself on having good judgment, we want to hear from you!
Our Hiring Timeline
The City of Lawrence Police Department is committed to hiring the most dedicated and reliable applicants as soon as possible. In order to be considered, it is imperative that you are available during each phase of the hiring process, as no makeups will be available.
In order to be considered by LPD, applicants are required to:
Anticipated date of hire has been scheduled for March of 2023; However, a process will be conducted at any time, until all open positions are filled. Officers passing all phases of the employment application process will be placed on an eligibility list for a period of 2 years. Should an opening occur, candidates would be notified based on their ranking on the eligibility list. Should the eligible candidate decline the position or a conditional offer has been withdrawn from an applicant, the next person on the list will be notified.
LAWRENCE POLICE DEPARTMENT AGILITY TEST
There are five (5) physical fitness components that will be measured in one day as a battery of tests.
- Vertical Jump. This measures leg power, and consists of measuring how high a person jumps.
- One Minute Sit Ups. This measures abdominal, or trunk, muscular endurance. While lying on his/her back, the student will be given one (1) minute to do as many bent leg sit ups as possible.
- 300 Meter Run. This measures anaerobic power, or the ability to make an intense burst of effort for a short time period or distance. This component consists of sprinting 300 meters as fast as possible.
- Maximum Push Ups. This measures the muscular endurance of the upper body. This component consists of doing as many push ups as possible until muscular failure.
- 1.5 Mile Run. This measures aerobic power or cardiovascular endurance (stamina over time). To complete this component you must run/walk, as fast as possible, a distance of 1.5 miles.
The recommended preparation for each of the events of the agility test may be found on the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy web-page. http://www.in.gov/ilea/2338.htm
- One Current Photograph (head and shoulders)
- Birth Certificate (copy only)
- Social Security Card (copy only)
- High School Diploma and transcripts (copy only)
- College transcripts and/or copy of diploma (copy only)
- DD214 Form, if applicable (copy only)
- Driver’s License (copy only)
- Full names and addresses of family members: (Mother, Father, Step-parents, Foster parents, Guardians, Brothers, Sisters, Spouse, Children, Ex-spouses.)
- Complete addresses and dates pertaining to all prior residences
- Information pertaining to all present and former employers, Dates, Names, Complete Addresses and Phone Numbers and FAX Number of the company.
- Selective Service Number, Dates of Active Duty, Serial Number and Reserve Obligation
- Type, Expiration date, Number and Restrictions relating to your Driver’s License
- Dates, Location, Descriptions of any vehicle accidents in the last three years. Note any citations.
- The date, place, charge and the disposition of any arrest (Adult/Juvenile), local/non-local.
- Information relating to three personal references: (Name, Address, City, State, and Zip Code, Telephone number and Fax number if applicable during the day, occupation, length of time known). References shall not include relatives or former/current employers.
- Area Codes for all phone numbers listed on the application
- Zip Codes for all addresses
- Sign all enclosed documents